MedRevise 4.0 is here!
After a month of live beta testing, the time has come to officially launch the new version of MedRevise.co.uk to the world at large. To find out the full story, read on…
Nearly five years ago, I arrived at medical school. And I realised I needed to make some notes. But I also wanted to use my computer, and so keeping them in order was important.
And then I realised I could use a wiki. For those of you who don’t know, a wiki is “A collaborative website which can be directly edited using only a web browser, often by anyone with access to it“. So I bought a domain, www.medrevise.co.uk, which I started to use for my revision.
As time went on, there were more and more notes online, and soon I met my friend Raj, who found that note making on MedRevise was his ideal revision technique too. Over the years the site has grown, and gets quite a lot of visitors: according to our hosting stats, last month (May) we had more than 13,000 visitors, and 112,000 page views. Needless to say, that makes me feel pretty happy!
- Appearance: A new colourful theme. My first foray into Mediawiki theming, which was a pain in the bum, but worth it in the end.
- About: A sexy new “About” page, and a few tweaks to the front page.
- Twitter: A link to our twitter feed.
- Adverts: For the first time, adverts – hopefully to pay some of the costs of the hosting, time maintaining it, etc.
- See it now, in the screenshot on the right!
So yes, some exciting changes. Find out more for yourself at http://www.medrevise.co.uk.